I agree that LEI/DECS are not tools to build fully functional applications
around.

We have used JDBC to move data back/forth between Domino and iSeries DB2
and that works well.

Being able to store data directly in DB2 tables is where we should be
heading though. Unfortunate decision by IBM and the Domino blog mentions
that the IBM iSeries crowd bought into that decision -- it would be nice
to hear from the iSeries side to hear the reasons. If DB2 UDB on the
iSeries is drastically different that DB2 on other platforms I can
understand why DB2 implementation on the iSeries is delayed -- but at
least provide a statement of direction...

Bob

JWGrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rlaing=gemko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/08/2007 11:08 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: DB2 With Domino 8

Also, just wanted to comment; I too am concerned that the iSeries platform

is
being shunned. "Other important database work???? Work arounds include
LEI/DEC?"
We tried using these so called tools and in my opion you can not build
solid
bullet proof applications with work-around tools.

Jim

Jim W Grant
Sr. Vice-President, Chief Information Officer
Web: www.pdpgroupinc.com
Email: JWGrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: (410)584-0339
Fax: (410)584-0339

"Chris Whisonant" <chris.whisonant@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+jwgrant=pdpgroupinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 02:39 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400" <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: DB2 With Domino 8

Bob, I'm not sure how I missed that one (since I have that in my RSS
reader...). I'm going to throw in my 2cents now.

Thanks - glad to have some official word.
Chris