I'm sure Bob will be a better resource here, so his response is probably
going to be of better quality, but I'm going to take a stab at it, anyway.
Ironically, I just had to do the opposite of this...

Assuming that you currently only have one IP address on the server, you can
configure another interface on the server on the "Configure TCP/IP" screen
(CFGTCP) and selecting option 1 Work with TCP/IP Interfaces.  On the "Work
with TCP/IP Interfaces" you should see the existing IP address for your
Domino server.  Option 5 will allow you to view the settings for that
interface.  Option 1 will allow you to create another interface - I would
use the same settings for the new one as for the existing one (other than
the obvious difference of the IP address itself).

Once the Windows server is no longer active, you can start the interface
(Option 9 on the "Work with TCP/IP Interfaces" screen).  If you start it
while the  Windows server is using that IP address, the start should fail
with a message in the job log that this address is being used by another
system.

This only tells the iSeries to listen on this IP address.  If the Domino
server is set to bind to IP address (which I believe is not the default, so
it should not be necessary unless you've changed it in the past), it will
ignore traffic on the new IP address until you change the configuration to
not bind to address.  There's information in the Admin Help on that topic.
If it's not set to bind, the Domino server assumes all traffic to the
iSeries is for the Domino server, so it should process your printer device
messages.

Of course, I haven't actually done what you are attempting, so I would
certainly suggest creating the interface, taking the Windows server down
prior to the decommission date, start the interface on the iSeries, and
test.  But I think it should work.

Good luck,
Patrick

PS  I just noticed Bob's response, and he refers to IBM documentation, so
I'm sure it will be more thorough.  But after typing all of this, I hate to
just delete it, so you get to read it anyway.  Have a great day!

             JDelRisco@oshtruc
             k.com
             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             +ptrapp=nex-tech.         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             com@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                           cc
                                       domino400-bounces+jdelrisco=oshtruc
                                       k.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Lotus Domino on
             07/26/2006 10:20          the iSeries / AS400
             AM                        <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Stacked IP addresses
             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

When email is sent from the printer devices, it is going to a server that
will soon be gone.  Changing the IP addresses on all the printers is not an
option.  We need to change where the IP address points to.  I understand
what you mean by relaying the messages using the Config Document, but how
is the message even going to get to the server on the iSeries without
modifying each printer?  What I need to do is modify DNS to route traffic
going to the IP address that is the current Windows server to go to the
server on the iSeries, which currently has an IP of its own.  How do I
configure the server on the iSeries to handle two IP addresses?

Thanks,

Jose del Risco
Corporate Domino Administrator
Oshkosh Truck Corporation

(920) 235.9151  x 2741

             Robert Laing
             <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +jdelrisco=oshtru                                          cc
             ck.com@xxxxxxxxxx
             om                                                    Subject
                                       Re: Stacked IP addresses

             07/26/2006 10:12
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

There may be other ways to accomplish what you want, but we have similar
pieces of hardware to your Ricoh printers.  What we have done is add those
IP addresses to the allowed relay hosts which can be found in the
Configuration Document -- Router/SMTP tab -- Restrictions and Controls --
Allow messages only from the following internet hosts to be sent to
external internet domains.

When forwarding email from those printer devices, the Domino server treats
those as external SMTP servers trying to relay mail off the Domino server.
 You need to tell Domino those are valid IP addresses or host names that
can relay.

Hope this helps,
Bob

JDelRisco@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rlaing=gemko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/26/2006 10:50 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
domino400-bounces+jdelrisco=oshtruck.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Lotus Domino on the
iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: Stacked IP addresses

Robert,

This situation is as follows.  We have a windows server that we are
decommissioning.  In the process of identifying what was still using this
server ( after removing all Domino mail routing and replication from that
server ), we discovered that we have over 100 Ricoh printers with hard
coded IP addresses pointing to this server.  They use SMTP to email faxes
that are scanned to PDF.  I want our new Domino server on the iSeries,
that we have specifically configured to handle SMTP traffic, to handle the
traffic for the IP address it currently has PLUS the IP address of the old
Windows bases server so we can turn that other server off.  We will be
changing the IP addresses that are on the Ricoh printers but that will
take
months to complete according to the Desktop Support team. We don't have
months to decommission this server.  This server needs to be removed by
Aug
2.

Thanks,

Jose del Risco
Corporate Domino Administrator
Oshkosh Truck Corporation

(920) 235.9151  x 2741

             Robert Laing
             <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +jdelrisco=oshtru                                          cc

             ck.com@xxxxxxxxxx
             om                                                    Subject

                                       Re: Stacked IP addresses

             07/26/2006 09:42
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

You mean SMTP traffic ?

Or Notes Client traffic ?

Or HTTP traffic ?

Or all of the above ?

Bob

JDelRisco@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rlaing=gemko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/26/2006 10:15 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Stacked IP addresses

Hello All,

I have a need to have one Domino server instance on our iSeries receive
traffic from two different IP addresses.  Any idea on how to configure
this?

Thanks,

Jose del Risco
Corporate Domino Administrator
Oshkosh Truck Corporation

(920) 235.9151  x 2741

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus or other defect which might affect any computer system, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to check that it is virus-free and the
sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, injury,
damage, cost or expense arising in any way from receipt or use thereof by
the recipient.

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential
information and intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please  contact the sender
immediately, delete this material from your computer and destroy all
related paper media.  Please note that the documents transmitted are not
intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by all
parties.
Thank you.

[...]

above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the