It didn't seem to work when I had this issue come up last year. But you
should give it a try - why not! haha

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
05/17/2006 01:28:26 PM:

> We went through the issue in the past with support also without
resolution.
> Are you saying that the document you've got attached doesn't seem to
work
> at the 6.5.* levels when you've tried it?
>

>              Chris Whisonant
>              <Chris.Whisonant@
>              comporium.com> To
>              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400
>              domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>              +chadb=wheeling-n cc
>              isshin.com@midran
>              ge.com Subject
>                                        Re: Inflated Font Occurring on
>                                        Replies with History
>              05/17/2006 10:58
>              AM
>

>              Please respond to
>               Lotus Domino on
>                the iSeries /
>                    AS400
>              <domino400@midran
>                   ge.com>
>

> Chad, we get just the opposite sometimes. The font gets smaller and
> smaller! At Lotusphere this year, someone asked the exact same question
at
> GURUPalooza. I was on stage and mentioned that we see this occur as
well.
> I have also called Lotus support on this in the past with no success.
>
> At one point I created the following FAQ internally that helped back in
> the 6.0.x days, but with 6.5.x and 7.0.x I have seen that this doesn't
> work as in the past. I adapted this from a post at notes.net I think:
>
> External recipients receive e-mail with tiny text
>
> When a Lotus Notes user forwards or replies to an email outside the
> company sometimes the receiver will see extremely small text on the
> history portion of the message.
>
> This is a problem with the notes default point size settings for the
> various character set groups.
>
> If you are brave, you can attempt to fix this yourself. If not please
call
> the helpdesk at 326-6020 to report this problem.
>
> Open your local address book (names.nsf), then find and open the
> 'Advanced\International MIME Settings' view. if you don't have a
> 'International MIME Settings' document in the view, create a new one.
> (there should be a 'New' button with a pulldown list of objects which
can
> be created.)
>
> If you are creating a new 'International MIME Settings': on the 'Basics'
> page, leave the 'for Locations' setting as '*' and select your primary
> character set group. for now at least, leave 'Secondary character set
> groups' blank.
>
> On the 'Settings by Character Set' page, pull down the 'MIME settings by
> character set group' list and select your primary character set group.
for
> example, if you are in the u.s. or in western europe, you should select
> 'Western'.
>
> In the 'Font Options' section of this page, change the 'Plain Text' font
> setting to 'Default Sans Serif'. (if there is no 'International MIME
> Settings' document, the default point size is '12', so you'll have to
> create one to fix this problem.)
>
> Chris Whisonant
> Comporium
> Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
> IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
>
> domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
> 05/17/2006 10:41:09 AM:
>
> > Has anyone seen the issue where on email 'reply with history' type
> > conversations with external recipients, the font size towards the end
of
> > the email gets inflated drastically?  We've seen this before and need
> > address it again...
> >
> > I'm doing some browsing on notes.net, but i'm guessing someone on the
> > listserv has dealt with this (and hopefully resolved it!).  Any help
is
> > appreciated!
> > at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> >

> NOTICE: This message contains information which may be confidential. If
> the reader is neither the intended recipient nor a person responsible
for
> delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that
> any distribution, copying or retention of this communication is strictly
> notify us immediately by return e-mail, telephone or facsimile. Thank
you.
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.

> Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by
MessageLabs.