Hello again,

We managed to resolve this. Turns out that although the QNOTES user profile
was showing as *ENABLED and the "show as expired" was set to *NO, the
account had expired. We reset the password and the upgrade went ahead with
no problems.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Regards,

John Lofthouse

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To
             +john_lofthouse=j         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             ordans.co.uk@midr         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             ange.com                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/05/2006 15:53          Re: 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 upgrade

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

... and if you have signed off and are running V5R4 with system value
QLOGOUTPUT set to *PND try WRKJOBLOG JOB(yourUserName/*ALL).

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Walter Scanlan <wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/09/2006 10:44 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 upgrade

if you haven't logged off yet.  wrkjob , option 10.

if you have..

wrksplf,  file from the timestamp of the attempt.

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
WPLC products for System i
507-286-6088
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

John_Lofthouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/09/2006 09:34 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 upgrade

The QNOTES profile is fine.

Walter - not sure about the joblog. Where would I find it? My AS400 skills
are fairly limited.

Regards,

John Lofthouse

Information Systems
(0117) 918 1257

             Walter Scanlan
             <wscanlan@xxxxxxx

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +john_lofthouse=j                                          cc

             ordans.co.uk@midr         domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.c

             ange.com                  om@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Lotus Domino on
                                       the iSeries / AS400
                                       <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             09/05/2006 14:50                                      Subject

                                       Re: 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 upgrade

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Can you send the joblog from the upddomsvr
Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
WPLC products for System i
507-286-6088
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

John_Lofthouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/09/2006 08:34 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 upgrade

Chris,

The CPF ID of the message was LNT020A (type diagnostic). For the upgrade I
was signed on as QSECOFR. I can do a WRKUSRPRF on QNOTES with my normal
signon if that helps...

Regards,

John Lofthouse

             Chris Whisonant
             <Chris.Whisonant@
             comporium.com>                                             To

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +john_lofthouse=j                                          cc

             ordans.co.uk@midr
             ange.com                                              Subject

                                       Re: 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 upgrade

             09/05/2006 14:22

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

John,

What is the CPF ID of the QNOTES error message?

Are you signed on as QSECOFR or a profile with *ALLOBJ authority? If you
try to do a WRKUSRPRF QNOTES with your profile will this work?

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
05/09/2006 05:14:20 AM:

> Hi there,
>
> I am upgrading from CD from Domino Release 6.5.4FP1 to 6.5.5. I loaded
> Option 15 using the LODRUN command which went OK and I can see the
option
> has installed. However when I attempt to do the UPDDOMSVR I instantly
get a
> message saying:
>
> Sever SERVERNAME was successfully updated to Domino Release 6.5.5
however
> some messages were signalled.
>
> The previous entry in the message log shows:
>
> Error getting QNOTES user profile
>
> Nothing seems to have happened to the Domino servers as they all start
OK
> with 6.5.4FP1! I have checked that the domino servers were all ended and
> that the subsystems were also all ended too. The AS400 support people
have
> confirmed that the QNotes user profile is OK. Has anyone seen anything
> similar?
>
> Regards,
>
> John Lofthouse
>

> This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information
> that is confidential or privileged.  Unauthorised use is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or
> otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the
> addressee.
>
> If you have received this in error, please delete it and advise us
> immediately.
>
> Whilst we take reasonable care to ensure that any attachment to this
e-mail
> does not contain software viruses, this cannot be guaranteed and you
should
> therefore carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
> The Jordans Group of Companies accepts no responsibility or liability
for
> any damage that you suffer as a result of software viruses.

> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.

NOTICE: This message contains information which may be confidential. If
the reader is neither the intended recipient nor a person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that
any distribution, copying or retention of this communication is strictly
notify us immediately by return e-mail, telephone or facsimile. Thank you.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet
Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further
information
visit http://www.mci.com