Sean,

Good call on the restrictions!!

Also, with BES 4.1, they have added support for DB2 as the backend. 

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 
04/28/2006 10:03:44 AM:

> You  need Enterprise.  Blackberrry runs as add in service to Domino. 
> You must run Domino with the BES Application on the same machine and run
> either a local MDSE Database or SQL Server.
> 
> If you are going to scale it, run Domino/w BES on one server and a 
> Separate SQL server database. 
> If it is a handful of users and you can get a clean backup use the MDSE 
> option on Local.
> 
> We have pushed over 1.5 million emails to blackberries in the last year 
or 
> so. It can be flaky, weak signals, 
> devices dropping off of the network. The users support becomes a 24 x7 
> nightmare you can't escape!
> Support for Blackberry is like dealing with a bunch of crack addicts, 
who 
> just can't get enough of their fix. 
> Make sure to set a very restrictive device policy so the users cannot 
> modify any settings. Users
>  love to fiddle with the device settings. 
> 
> Regards, 
> 
> Sean 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx 
> Sent by: domino400-bounces+seanmurphy=bedbath.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 04/28/2006 09:41 AM
> Please respond to
> domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> To
> domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
> 
> Subject
> Domino400 Digest, Vol 4, Issue 98
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Send Domino400 mailing list submissions to
>                  domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>                  http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>                  domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>                  domino400-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Domino400 digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise Server for Domino (Chris Whisonant)
>    2. Re. Fw: Issue with AS/400 data being updated from Lotus Notes
>       Script. (David Leedy)
>    3. Issue with AS/400 data being updated from Lotus Notes Script.
>       (seanmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxx)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> message: 1
> date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:56:30 -0400
> from: Chris Whisonant <Chris.Whisonant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise Server for Domino
> 
> You will need Enterprise (at least that's what BPs told me...)
> 
> Chris Whisonant
> Comporium
> Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
> IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
> 
> domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 
> 04/28/2006 08:47:21 AM:
> 
> > 
> > Ok... another question comes to mind here as I dig further into this:
> > 
> > In order to support the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Domino and 
the
> > Windows Domino server that resides on that same box, which license 
will 
> I
> > need for that Windows Domino server?  Enterprise, Messaging, or 
Utility?
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >              ChadB@wheeling-ni 
> >              sshin.com 
> >              Sent by: To 
> >              domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / 
> AS400 
> >              +chadb=wheeling-n         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 
> >              isshin.com@midran cc 
> >              ge.com 
> > Subject 
> >                                        Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise 
> >              04/21/2006 01:15          Server for Domino 
> >              PM 
> > 
> > 
> >              Please respond to 
> >               Lotus Domino on 
> >                the iSeries / 
> >                    AS400 
> >              <domino400@midran 
> >                   ge.com> 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Thanks to you and Chris for the quick responses... i'll check into 
this.
> > We're hoping for the thinnest solution which will support mail/PIM 
info 
> to
> > the BlackBerries.
> > 
> > 
> >              RMolnar@xxxxxxxxx
> >              om
> >              Sent by: To
> >              domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / 
> AS400
> >              +chadb=wheeling-n         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >              isshin.com@midran cc
> >              ge.com
> > Subject
> >                                        Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise
> >              04/21/2006 12:50          Server for Domino
> >              PM
> > 
> > 
> >              Please respond to
> >               Lotus Domino on
> >                the iSeries /
> >                    AS400
> >              <domino400@midran
> >                   ge.com>
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > If you are not too far along with implementing BES you may want to 
> consider
> > another alternative, especially if:
> > 
> > - you have to get started fast with a few BlackBerries
> > - are mostly interested in e-mail synchronization with Domino/Notes 
and 
> not
> > so much in custom databases
> > - have some reluctance to add or integrate Windows servers alongside 
> your
> > solid iSeries Domino environment
> > 
> > For our 6 BlackBerries (so far) we are using Martin Scott's Wireless 
> Mail
> > for Domino.  See:  http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail
> > 
> > It is just a Notes agent and they offer it as a free trial download. 
> This
> > makes it quick to evaluate it with any BlackBerry device that you may
> > already have.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >              ChadB@wheeling-ni
> >              sshin.com
> >              Sent by: To
> >              domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / 
> AS400
> >              +rmolnar=nevchem.         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >              com@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc
> > 
> > Subject
> >              04/21/2006 10:42          BlackBerry and Enterprise 
Server
> >              AM                        for Domino
> > 
> > 
> >              Please respond to
> >               Lotus Domino on
> >                the iSeries /
> >                    AS400
> >              <domino400@midran
> >                   ge.com>
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > It looks like we're going to be implementing a small rollout of a few
> > BlackBerrys (5 or so) and Enterprise Server for Domino in the very 
near
> > future, so i'm out reading documents at their website and finding TONS 

> of
> > stuff to wade through.  I'm heading to DC next Wednesday for a one day
> > class on the server software, but want to spend a few days reading 
also
> > before I go.
> > 
> > One thing i'm reading is leading me to believe that the server where 
i'm
> > going to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Domino also 
needs 
> to
> > have a Domino server (Windows based) installed on it?  Is that true? 
I'm
> > hoping that i'm misreading that piece and that I can just point the 
BES 
> to
> > our iSeries Domino server.
> > 
> > Can anyone shed any light on this specific?  Any other comments or 
> advice
> > on BES and iSeries Domino would be appreciated also... just scratching 

> the
> > surface here at this point.
> > _______________________________________________
> > This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing 
list
> > To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> > or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Disclaimer - This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are 
> confidential
> > and may contain privileged information.  It is intended solely for the 

> use
> > of the individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized to 
> receive
> > it.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, 
distribute 
> 
> or
> > use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose 
other
> > than to notify us.  If you have received this message in error, please
> > notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail 
> from
> > your system.
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing 
list
> > To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> > or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> 
_____________________________________________________________________________
> > 
> > 
> > Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by 
> MessageLabs.
> > For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
> > 
> 
_____________________________________________________________________________
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > ForwardSourceID:NT00043D5E
> > 
> > 
> 
_____________________________________________________________________________
> > 
> > Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by 
> MessageLabs.
> > For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
> > 
> 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> > 
> > This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing 
list
> > To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> > or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> 
ForwardSourceID:NT00043D72_______________________________________________
> > This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing 
list
> > To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> > or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> > at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> > 
> 
> 
> NOTICE: This message contains information which may be confidential. If 
> the reader is neither the intended recipient nor a person responsible 
for 
> delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that 
> any distribution, copying or retention of this communication is strictly 

> prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please 
> notify us immediately by return e-mail, telephone or facsimile. Thank 
you.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> message: 2
> date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:18:32 -0400
> from: David Leedy <DLeedy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Re. Fw: Issue with AS/400 data being updated from Lotus Notes
>                  Script.
> 
> Michael,
> 
> I'm not sure why you're program is behaving that way... but I've never 
> navigated through a resultset in this manner with a for loop...  I 
always 
> use a do loop...
> 
> Is there a reason why you need to know the number of rows ahead of time 
> rather then just keeping a counter going from the beginning?
> 
> 
> David
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>         ....
>         ....
>         Set result.query = qry
>         qry.sql = "CALL WEB.WEBUNDLVR5('" & uname & "', "& code1 & ")"
> 
> 
>         result.execute
>         Do 
>                 result.nextrow
> 
>                 ...
>                 ...
>                 ...
> 
> 
> 
>                 rowno=rowno+1
>         Loop Until result.isendofdata
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> message: 3
> date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:40:41 -0400
> from: seanmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxx
> subject: Issue with AS/400 data being updated from Lotus Notes Script.
> 
> Michael, 
> 
> I know autocommit is flaky, you may want to consider turning autocommit 
> off and
> committing on disconnect. 
> 
> Set connection to never prompt for user/pwd
> QResult.SilentMode = True
> ' Turn off autocommit for AS/400
> QResult.AutoCommit = False
> 
> 'Commit on disconnect method set...reserve for later
> QResult.CommitOnDisconnect = True
> 
> 'Then call disconnect it at the end.
>    QResult = con.Disconnect
> 
> You also may want to set to silent to avoid any kind of message prompt 
> from
> the connection. 
> 
> 'Set connection to never prompt for anything.
> QResult.SilentMode = True
> 
> If that does not work, then I would try looping one update at a time. On 

> small
> results this will work, on large result sets it could take some time. 
> 
> We use mostly LEI for DB reads and updates since it is so flaky in 
> LotusScript.
> We also have used JAVA agents which generally work flawlessly. 
> 
> Regards, 
> 
> Sean 
> 
> 
> 
> domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx 
> Sent by: domino400-bounces+seanmurphy=bedbath.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 04/28/2006 08:52 AM
> Please respond to
> domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> To
> domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
> 
> Subject
> Domino400 Digest, Vol 4, Issue 97
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Send Domino400 mailing list submissions to
>                  domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>                  http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>                  domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>                  domino400-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Domino400 digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Server Crashes running 7.0.1 on iSeries (seanmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxx)
>    2. Fw: Issue with AS/400 data being updated from Lotus Notes
>       Script. (Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
>    3. Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise Server for Domino
>       (ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> message: 1
> date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:45:41 -0400
> from: seanmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxx
> subject: Server Crashes running 7.0.1 on iSeries
> 
> Jose, 
> 
> I too have been at Lotus Notes for 10 years! 
> 
> It is definitely the HTTP server.
> 
> Are you running iNotes 6 or iNotes 7?
> 
> "ShimmerMoveCopyDocsToFolderCmd__FR5Haiku9EventTy "
> 
> I am not pretending to know the ins and outs of the C programming 
methods 
> used here but, 
> OSLockObject is used to lock the buffer in memory and obtain its 
address, 
> and may need some additional error handling code.
> has something to do saving the note to the database. 
> 
> IBM is would need to fix this, 
> 
> Regards, 
> 
> Sean
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> message: 2
> date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:38:12 -0400
> from: Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> subject: Fw: Issue with AS/400 data being updated from Lotus Notes
>                  Script.
> 
> 
> Any ideas?  Did I stump everyone with this?
> 
> Michael Schutte
> 
> ----- Forwarded by Michael Schutte/Bob Evans on 04/28/2006 08:37 AM 
-----
> 
>              Michael_Schutte@b 
>              obevans.com 
>              Sent by: To 
> 
> 
>              domino400-bounces         domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx 
>              +michael_schutte= cc 
> 
> 
>              bobevans.com@midr 
>              ange.com Subject 
> 
> 
>                                        Issue with AS/400 data being 
>                                        updated from Lotus Notes Script. 
>              04/27/2006 11:33 
>              AM 
> 
> 
>              Please respond to 
>               Lotus Domino on 
>                the iSeries / 
>                    AS400 
>              <domino400@midran 
>                   ge.com> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Odd thing is going on here.  I'm trying to select all records from a 
file
> on the AS/400 where a flag is equal to blank.  After the execute, I am
> moving to the last row so that I can determine the value of NumRows. The
> value is 30, as I expected, however, the record navigation isn't working
> properly.  I have listed the code below along with the log.  Also, for 
> each
> record read, I want to update that record with a value of "2" in the 
flag
> so that it will not be downloaded again. Any help will be appreciated.
> Sorry if I'm in the wrong area.
> 
> Dim session As New NotesSession
> Dim db As NotesDatabase
> Set db = session.CurrentDatabase
> Dim selection As String
> Dim collection As NotesDocumentCollection
> Dim connection As New ODBCConnection
> Dim Query As New ODBCQuery
> Dim QResult As New ODBCResultSet
> Dim Doc As NotesDocument
> Dim CC As String
> Dim sSQLString As String
> Dim i As Variant
> Dim QStatus As String
> 
> If connection.connectTo("AS400NAME", "USERNAME", "PASSWORD") Then
>       QResult.CacheLimit = DB_NONE
>       Set Query.connection = connection
> 
>       Query.SQL = "SELECT * FROM IMSTST.IMSPPIS WHERE ISNOTES=' ' "
>       Set QResult.Query = Query
>       QResult.ReadOnly = False
>       QResult.AutoCommit = True
>       QResult.Execute
> 
>       If QResult.IsResultSetAvailable = False Then
>             LogError "There are no new Product Info Sheets."
>       End If
> 
>       'Goto to last row
>       QResult.LastRow
> 
>       'Starting with the last row, read through all records
>       For i = QResult.NumRows To 1 Step -1
> 
>             QResult.CurrentRow = i
>             Print "What is i? - " & i
>             Print "Current Row = " & QResult.CurrentRow
> 
>             Set doc = db.createdocument
>             doc.form = "ProductInfoSheets"
> 
>             Doc.PIUnitNo  = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISSTR"))
>             Doc.PISpecNo  = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISITG"))
>             Doc.Co_Name = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISDSC"))
>             Doc.PIDate  = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISCRTE"))
>             Doc.PIQtyReceived  = Trim(Cint(Qresult.GetValue("ISQTYR")))
>             Doc.PIQtyRecType  = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISQTYRUMD"))
>             Doc.PIDateReceived  = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISRCVE"))
>             Doc.PIQtyInvolved  = Trim(Cint(Qresult.GetValue("ISQTYI")))
>             Doc.PIQtyInvolvedAmt   =
> Trim(Ccur(Qresult.GetValue("ISCOSTI")))
>             Doc.PIQtyInvType   = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISQTYIUMD"))
>             Doc.PIDistributor  = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISPRVN"))
>             Doc.PIManufacturer   = Trim(Qresult.GetValue("ISMFRN"))
>             Doc.PISentBy   = Ucase(Qresult.GetValue("ISNAME"))
>             CC = Qresult.GetValue("ISLOCATE")
>             If CC = "" Then
>                   Doc.PICodeNo  = Qresult.GetValue("ISSCC")
>             Else
>                   Doc.PICodeNo = "NO CASE CODE FOUND"
>             End If
>             Doc.PIItemIssue  = Qresult.GetValue("ISISUD")
>             Doc.PIItemStatus  = Qresult.GetValue("ISISCD")
>             Doc.NatureofConcern  = Qresult.GetValue("ISPROB")
>             Call Doc.Save(True, True)
> 
>             Call QResult.SetValue( "ISNOTES" , "2" )
>             QStatus = Qresult.updaterow()
>             If QStatus = True Then
>                   Print "True - CurrentRow - " & QResult.CurrentRow
>             End If
> 
>       Next
> 
>       Print "UpdateRow happened  " & QResult.CurrentRow & " - " &
> QResult.NumRows
> 
> End If
> QResult.Close(DB_CLOSE)
> connection.Disconnect
> 
> Print "END OF PIS UPDATE"
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> You can see in the log that "i" has the correct value, however, after
> record 27 is updated, CurrentRow is stuck on 27.  Anybody know why the
> current row isn't being updated to the value of "i" after the fourth 
read.
> 
> BTW, When doing  "For i = 1 To QResult.NumRows Step 1".  The CurrentRow 
is
> stuck on 30 from the beginning until i = 27.  At that time, currentRow 
> will
> equal 27, then 28, 29 and finally 30.  Resulting again in only the last 
4
> records being updated with a "2".  "i" is dimmed as a variant... do you
> think it should be dimmed as an Integer or Long?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Log Statements:
> 
> 
> 04/27/2006 10:45:25   AMgr: 'Agent 'PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf' will run on behalf of 'Sheena Coyne/Bob Evans'
> 04/27/2006 10:45:25   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Started New Product Info Update agent
> 04/27/2006 10:45:25   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Last Row = 30
> 04/27/2006 10:45:25   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 30
> 04/27/2006 10:45:25   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 30
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 30
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 29
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 29
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 29
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 28
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 28
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 28
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:26   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 26
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 25
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 24
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 23
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 22
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 21
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 20
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 19
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 18
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 17
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 16
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 15
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 14
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 13
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 12
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 11
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 10
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 9
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 8
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 7
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 6
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 5
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 4
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 3
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 2
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: What is i? - 1
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: Current Row = 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: True - CurrentRow - 27
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: UpdateRow happened  27 - 30
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: All New Records Pulled into Notes
> 04/27/2006 10:45:27   AMgr: Agent ('PIS INTO NOTES FROM AS400' in
> 'QualCont/TESTPIS.nsf') printing: END OF PIS UPDATE
> 
> Michael Schutte
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> message: 3
> date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:47:21 -0400
> from: ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> subject: Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise Server for Domino
> 
> 
> Ok... another question comes to mind here as I dig further into this:
> 
> In order to support the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Domino and the
> Windows Domino server that resides on that same box, which license will 
I
> need for that Windows Domino server?  Enterprise, Messaging, or Utility?
> 
> 
> 
>              ChadB@wheeling-ni 
>              sshin.com 
>              Sent by: To 
> 
> 
>              domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / 
AS400 
> 
> 
>              +chadb=wheeling-n         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 
>              isshin.com@midran cc 
> 
> 
>              ge.com 
> Subject 
> 
> 
>                                        Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise 
>              04/21/2006 01:15          Server for Domino 
>              PM 
> 
> 
>              Please respond to 
>               Lotus Domino on 
>                the iSeries / 
>                    AS400 
>              <domino400@midran 
>                   ge.com> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks to you and Chris for the quick responses... i'll check into this.
> We're hoping for the thinnest solution which will support mail/PIM info 
to
> the BlackBerries.
> 
> 
>              RMolnar@xxxxxxxxx
>              om
>              Sent by: To
>              domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / 
AS400
>              +chadb=wheeling-n         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>              isshin.com@midran cc
>              ge.com
> Subject
>                                        Re: BlackBerry and Enterprise
>              04/21/2006 12:50          Server for Domino
>              PM
> 
> 
>              Please respond to
>               Lotus Domino on
>                the iSeries /
>                    AS400
>              <domino400@midran
>                   ge.com>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> If you are not too far along with implementing BES you may want to 
> consider
> another alternative, especially if:
> 
> - you have to get started fast with a few BlackBerries
> - are mostly interested in e-mail synchronization with Domino/Notes and 
> not
> so much in custom databases
> - have some reluctance to add or integrate Windows servers alongside 
your
> solid iSeries Domino environment
> 
> For our 6 BlackBerries (so far) we are using Martin Scott's Wireless 
Mail
> for Domino.  See:  http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail
> 
> It is just a Notes agent and they offer it as a free trial download. 
This
> makes it quick to evaluate it with any BlackBerry device that you may
> already have.
> 
> 
> 
> 
>              ChadB@wheeling-ni
>              sshin.com
>              Sent by: To
>              domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / 
AS400
>              +rmolnar=nevchem.         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>              com@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc
> 
> Subject
>              04/21/2006 10:42          BlackBerry and Enterprise Server
>              AM                        for Domino
> 
> 
>              Please respond to
>               Lotus Domino on
>                the iSeries /
>                    AS400
>              <domino400@midran
>                   ge.com>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> It looks like we're going to be implementing a small rollout of a few
> BlackBerrys (5 or so) and Enterprise Server for Domino in the very near
> future, so i'm out reading documents at their website and finding TONS 
of
> stuff to wade through.  I'm heading to DC next Wednesday for a one day
> class on the server software, but want to spend a few days reading also
> before I go.
> 
> One thing i'm reading is leading me to believe that the server where i'm
> going to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Domino also needs 
to
> have a Domino server (Windows based) installed on it?  Is that true? I'm
> hoping that i'm misreading that piece and that I can just point the BES 
to
> our iSeries Domino server.
> 
> Can anyone shed any light on this specific?  Any other comments or 
advice
> on BES and iSeries Domino would be appreciated also... just scratching 
the
> surface here at this point.
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Disclaimer - This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are 
> confidential
> and may contain privileged information.  It is intended solely for the 
use
> of the individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized to 
receive
> it.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute 

> or
> use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose other
> than to notify us.  If you have received this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail 
from
> your system.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 
> 
> 
_____________________________________________________________________________
> 
> 
> Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by 
MessageLabs.
> For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
> 
_____________________________________________________________________________
> 
> 
> 
> ForwardSourceID:NT00043D5E
> 
> 
_____________________________________________________________________________
> 
> Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by 
MessageLabs.
> For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
> 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> 
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 
> 
> ForwardSourceID:NT00043D72
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) digest list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 
> 
> 
> End of Domino400 Digest, Vol 4, Issue 97
> ****************************************
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) digest list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 
> 
> 
> End of Domino400 Digest, Vol 4, Issue 98
> ****************************************
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (Domino400) mailing list
> To post a message email: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/domino400
> or email: Domino400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
> at http://archive.midrange.com/domino400.
> 


NOTICE: This message contains information which may be confidential. If 
the reader is neither the intended recipient nor a person responsible for 
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that 
any distribution, copying or retention of this communication is strictly 
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please 
notify us immediately by return e-mail, telephone or facsimile. Thank you.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.