From: domino400-bounces+mike.crump=saint-gobain.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:domino400-bounces+mike.crump=saint-gobain.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robert Laing
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:32 AM
To: Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Quickplace file uploads and MS ISA server

Could this possibly have anything to do with it ???

Lotus QuickPlace

Flashes

2006-04-12    Information sources for impact of Microsoft Update
KB912945
to Lotus software products
              http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21234374

Bob

             "Crump, Mike"

             <Mike.Crump@saint

             -gobain.com>
             Sent by:                  <WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

             +rlaing=gemko.com
cc
             @midrange.com

Subject
                                       Quickplace file uploads and MS
ISA
             04/19/2006 09:11          server

             AM

             Please respond to

              Lotus Domino on

               the iSeries /

                   AS400

             <domino400@midran

                  ge.com>

I have an odd one.  To manage outbound internet traffic we use ISA
server - well, at least that is why I think it is here.  The support
here internally on this server is somewhat vague and non-responsive.
So, the majority of users have an automatic configuration script that is
run from this server and then their browser traffic is then run through
this server.  I don't understand why internal traffic (internal client
to internal server) is run through it but it does.

A while back, my end users file uploads to QP started to fail.  All at
once all users could not upload.  I could because I routinely turn off
the script.  But even for a while I couldn't because when I reboot my PC
the script is automatically turned on.  It has been a bear for me to
work with.  Historically, all of my problems with a client and QP have
been ActiveX, Java, or security settings related.  That and the QP
server was not generating any type of error.  I can have an end user do
uploads if they turn off the script and effectively bypass the ISA
server.  However, then they cannot access the Internet.

So right now I'm 100% certain that ISA is impacting this.  But in
scouring the MS and Lotus sites I cannot find a similar problem.  I have
a feeling the internal ISA support is going to look at me like.....I
don't know.....maybe like Dan Quale at a VP debate.  Has anyone run into
something similar or have any thoughts?

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302

(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just" Abraham Lincoln