Both systems are in another town.  Short of looking at the label on the
front, how can I tell which models they are?  I'm relatively sure that it
is a 520-9406, but haven't needed to know the 810's model for a while.

I don't believe I have PM400 on this system.  Should I?  Is there another
way to see that information?

Thanks,
Patrick

Walter Scanlan <wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/29/2005 03:17 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx, domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: Normal CPU?

You don't say which 810 and which 520 but.

start with wrksysact  (you need pm400 for this).

It will provide a task list of processes consuming CPU.

Then issue set config debug_threadid=1 on the domino console.

match the thread from wrksysact using cpu to the console message with the
same thread,

You now know WHAT is consuming CPU.

Next, WHY?

that will depend on the what..

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
Domino & Workplace for iSeries
507-286-6088
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/29/2005 03:03 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Normal CPU?

I have a new 520 (V5R3) -- online less than a week -- that is running the
exact same load as the 810 (V5R2) that it replaced.  Same configuration,
just saved and restored from server to server.  Something is bringing the
new server completely to its knees (97%+ CPU utilization) and I'm not
seeing what it is, so I'm wondering if anyone can provide ideas where I
should be looking.  Originally, it appeared to be an SMTP issue and
bouncing the SMTP task temporarily would resolve it, but I tried that a
short time ago and never saw the CPU dip below 60% (the vast majority of
it being the Server task).  We are a small shop and a third of my users
aren't even on the server, so I can't imagine that we have legitimate
traffic hitting me this hard when the old box would handle everything we
threw at it without a problem.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick