Run the following command:

DSPF STMF('/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk13/Readme')

************Beginning of data**************
                                  README

                     Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition
                               Version 1.3.1

That's the latest version of JDK 1.3 I have. I also have a 1.4.2 version.

DSPF STMF('/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/Readme')

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
10/14/2005 01:35:26 PM:

> It returns 'Version JVM V5R3M0 JDK 1.4.2.'  Here's the text pasted from
> LEIIG.nsf that has me questioning if we have what's needed:
>

> Installing JDK 1.3.1
>
> The installer will not run properly if JDK 1.3.1 is not installed on
your
> iSeries machine. Even if you have other JDK versions installed, JDK
1.3.1
> must also be installed. JDK 1.3.1 can exist simultaneously on a system
with
> other versions of the JDK. Use the following information to install the
> listed PTFs or PTFs that have superseded those listed.
>

> Upgrading V5R1 5722-JV1 JDK 1.3.0 to JDK 1.3.1
> Please note the following JDK 1.3.1 considerations and perform any
needed
> tasks to perform the upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.
>
>     The iSeries cannot have both JDK 1.3.0 and JDK 1.3.1 simultaneously
>     installed. When you upgrade to JDK 1.3.1, you no longer have access
>     JDK 1.3.0.
>
>     5722-JV1 Option 5 Exists as part of V5R1 GA system install media. In
>     order to upgrade to JDK 1.3.1 on your iSeries, you must first have
>     V5R1M0 5722-JV1 Option 5 installed.
>
>     You must install the Java group PTF before you install the JDK 1.3.1
>     upgrade PTFs. Order and install the latest Java group PTF, SF99069.
>     Follow the instructions included with the group PTF. Use the
following
>     command to verify that the correct level of the group PTF has been
>     installed:
>
>     DSPDTAARA QJAVA/SF99069
>
>     Output will show "Group PTF#: SF99069-11" or later and a date.
>
>     If the group PTF has not been installed, order and install the
latest
>     Java group PTF, SF99069-11. Follow the instructions included with
the
>     group PTF.
>
>     Verify the 5722-JV1 JDK 1.3.1 Upgrade PTFs. Installing SF99069-11
will
>     upgrade the 5722-JV1 Option 5 product from JDK 1.3.0 to JDK 1.3.1.
The
>     following PTFs will be applied:
>
>         5722-999 MF26987 (superseded)
>
>         5722-JV1 SI01804 (superseded)
>
>         5722-JV1 SI02659 (superseded)
>
>         5722-JV1 SI03638 (superseded)
>
>         5722-JV1 SI04768
>
>         5722-JV1 SI04847
>
>         5722-SS1 SI01807
>
> Upgrading to V5R2 5722-JV1 JDK 1.3.1
> Please note the following considerations and perform any needed tasks to
> perform the upgrade.
>
>     5722-JV1 Option 5 exists as part of V5R2 GA system install media. To
>     upgrade JDK 1.3.1 on your iSeries, you must first have V5R2M0
5722-JV1
>     Option 5 installed.
>
>     You must order and install the latest Java group PTF, SF99169. To do
>     so, follow the instructions included with the group PTF.
>

>              Chris Whisonant
>              <Chris.Whisonant@
>              comporium.com> To
>              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400

http://www.ers.ibm.com