They should have the same replica ID. Doing it that way you would have
more up-to-date data and not have as much to replicate.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
08/17/2005 09:21:12 AM:

> Gotcha... restore the DBs to the backup server from the main server's
save
> (same replica ids), right?  That would be another option, I guess...
>
> When we do a monthly test, we leave the main server down for a day and
> generally see things replicate back pretty quickly... I just want make
sure
> this would hold true after a restore from an earlier backup.
>

>              Chris Whisonant
>              <Chris.Whisonant@
>              comporium.com> To
>              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400
>              domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>              +chadb=wheeling-n cc
>              isshin.com@midran
>              ge.com Subject
>                                        Re: Cluster backup ideas
>
>              08/17/2005 09:08
>              AM
>

>              Please respond to
>               Lotus Domino on
>                the iSeries /
>                    AS400
>              <domino400@midran
>                   ge.com>
>

> I was thinking you could restore what you needed to the backup from the
> primary that's saved nightly.
>
> The analysis tools checks for replica existence, consistent ACL, etc...
>
> Chris Whisonant
> Comporium
> Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
> IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
> http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/
>
> domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
> 08/17/2005 09:06:01 AM:
>

> > Agreed, but the backup server isn't getting the IFS saved nighly.
> >
> > Refresh me on what the cluster analysis tool does... I think I ran it
> when
> > setting things up initially...
> >
> >              Chris Whisonant
> >              <Chris.Whisonant@
> >              comporium.com> To
> >              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
> AS400
> >              domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >              +chadb=wheeling-n cc
> >              isshin.com@midran
> >              ge.com Subject
> >                                        Re: Cluster backup ideas
> >
> >              08/17/2005 08:58
> >              AM
> >

> >              Please respond to
> >               Lotus Domino on
> >                the iSeries /
> >                    AS400
> >              <domino400@midran
> >                   ge.com>
> >

> > That sounds pretty good, though it may be better to restore from the
> > nightly IFS saves (IMHO).
> >
> > Just also wondering if you have run the Cluster Analysis tool?
> >
> > Chris Whisonant
> > Comporium
> > Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> > IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions
V5R2
> > IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
> > 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
> > http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/
> >
> > domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
> > 08/17/2005 08:58:05 AM:
> >

> > > We are running a cluster with 2 Domino servers on 2 separate
AS/400s.
> > One
> > > Domino server is our 'main' server and is used for mail and a few
> apps.
> > > The other Domino server is our 'backup' server and is left as
> restricted
> > > the users unless we are switched to it on a monthly test, etc.  All
> mail
> > > and application databases are replicated in the cluster.
Configuration

http://www.ers.ibm.com