On an AS/400 you normally have multiple drives.  And one file may be
scattered among many of the drives - regardless of size.  So, it's not
such an issue on the as/400 as it was on windows.

But if you just have to:
There is a way to force the transaction logging on to different drives. It
involves creating "Auxiliary Storage Pools".  In pre-web days we called
them ASP's, but that acronym has been hijacked.  Then you assign a
drive(s) to this ASP.  Now, I'm a little lost as to how you assign this
directory to this asp.

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0377.html?Open
"You should consider activating transaction logging for better Domino data
integrity and faster startups after a server crash, but there is no
advantage in transaction logging regarding Domino backups unless you use
BRMS or Data Protection for Domino."