I store the id in the NAB, mail file, and an IFS share on my iSeries. The
intention is that the installer will have the file pulled from nab to make
installation simpler.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
http://cwhisonant.blogspot.com/

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
07/12/2005 04:48:56 PM:

> OK, I'm sure that Robert and Chris are right on the money, but in my
> defense, I read the question to say that the user.id was present on the
> client machine before the configuration started.  In the scenario
referred
> to by Robert and Chris, there was no ID present on the client machine
until
> the configuration process and the ID that it brought down is a copy of
the
> actual ID that was created for that user.  This is not a
> spontaneously-created ID that happens to allow you to access the user's
> mail file -- it's their actual ID file.
>
> When you register a new user, do you store the ID in the NAB, save a
copy
> of the ID somewhere else, or both?  What is your intended method of
> introducing the ID file onto the client machine?
>
> Patrick
>

>              Robert Laing
>              <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx
>              Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
AS400