Hi all,

I know this has been discussed before, but I want to get it straight in my
mind.  We have been given the task to make e-mail and appointments, at
least, available to the internet, so that people can get their mail etc,
wherever they have internet access including with some of these new
phones.

Physical layout is that we have an as400 running domino 6.5.1 inside of
our firewall.  We are implementing a new firewall tomorrow that will have
a DMZ on it.

I am guessing that we need to build a domino server on the DMZ that can be
accessed from the internet.  Then is there a way to allow that server to
"see" the internal server, I can handle the network routing part, so that
the outside can safely access their mail.  Is this where INotes comes in,
or do I need to sync the servers?  Our new boss used to do this using
Exchange, and I have heard that Novel Groupwise will also allow  a server
on the DMZ to act a an agent to get at the mail on the inside server
without having to sync all the data to both servers.

Sorry this is so convoluted, but it just hit and, as usual, the budget and
the time frame are tight.

Thanks
Doug

Doug Strong