Rob:

Thanks for the reply.

domino400-bounces+gregg.eldred=ns-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
01/11/2005 11:42:27 AM:

> 1)  We upgraded from that older version of fax to Domino Fax for iSeries

> (this IS supported) because we were having so many problems and our CEO
> begged us to get off of Windows and on to the iSeries (gotta love that).

> We still have some Brooktrout boards in case you need backup.  Granted,
> Domino Fax for iSeries isn't flawless and the support is on a call back
> only.

point well taken.

> 2)  Are you trying to fax from your iSeries by sending email
applications?
>  For example, fax a po by having your CL program do a SNDDST to your Fax

> for Domino and then have it fax out?  I think at this time you should
look
> at a native fax solution.  Like Facsimile Support/400 or one of the
third
> party products.  I think someone on one of the lists bought either
Domino
> Fax for iSeries or Facsimile Support/400 and somehow got the one to do
the
> function of both.  We just bought both and avoided the hoops.  By the
way,
> you get the same IBM personnel for help on either product, and both call

> back only.

that is it exactly. But they don't want to buy something else, but rather
use the existing Domino Fax solution on Windows. Your note here pretty
much confirms what I thought could be the stumbling block.

> 3)  I don't believe that our outbound email from SNDDST, SNDEMAIL,
> QTmmSendMail, etc go through any of our Domino servers, but instead go
out
> directly.  We spoof a Domino address for the from address to avoid
having
> the iSeries native support trying to handle incoming email.

we are currently sending directly out from the iSeries to the internet.
They were just thinking "why?" and if we can get the iSeries to submit an
e-mail to the Fax Server on Windows, then we can have Customer Service
select either e-mail or fax, and have the iSeries route the message to the
appropriate server (or just to Domino and let it determine either internet
or fax).

I think that you are right. If we want e-mail and fax to go out from the
iSeries, get the fax software on the iSeries and call it a day. Better
than burning a lot of time on something and then discovering that it
doesn't work (and have upset people, too). :-)

Thanks for the reply.

Gregg