Rob: In the root, our biggest file, by far is the log.nsf.  1GB.
And it doesn't have anything older than 8 days.  Strange, but that's not
in it's replication settings.

Do you have this parameter in your Notes.ini:

Log=log.nsf, 1, 0, 7, 40000

The "7" means that it will only keep docs for 7 days...

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
12/15/2004 01:44:54 PM:

> [...]

> like nsd's.  HEY IBMers - Why are certain directories and files omitted?
> am thinking because IBM doesn't assume all means *. or *.*.  They think
it
> means selecting all of the options available when you select Show Me -
> Custom.  Still doesn't explain the missing directories.  Let me guess -
it
> doesn't show directories which don't contain any of the file types as
> determined by Show Me - Custom?
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> PO Box 2000
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
>

> daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 12/15/2004 12:28 PM
> Please respond to
> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Auto-Compacting?
>

> The size of DOMLOG.NSF is 3670016 bytes.  It's a drop in the pond,
> relatively speaking.  There are 5655 entries that go back to January of
> 2002.
>
> Dave Parnin
> Nishikawa Standard Company
> Topeka, IN  46571
> daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>                       Chris Whisonant <Chris.Whisonant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>                       Sent by:   To:       Lotus Domino on the iSeries /

> AS400
>                       domino400-bounces+daparnin=cooperstandard.com@m
> <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
>                       idrange.com   cc:       (bcc: David A
> Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
>    Subject:  Re: Auto-Compacting?
>
>                       12/15/2004 11:15 AM
>                       Please respond to Lotus Domino on the iSeries /
>
>                       AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> True. Generally it should be relatively safe to run this on mail DBs
which
> may be the culprit.
>
> One other thing - I remember that one time my DASD was shooting up and I
> noticed that my HTTP log files were the culprit. The original poster may
> want to check for the DOMLOG.NSF file size as well as looking to see if
he
> has the logging going to text files in a separate directory.
>
> Chris Whisonant
> Comporium
> Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
> IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
> 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
>
> domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
> 12/15/2004 11:03:26 AM:
>
> > Program documents are Domino's version of WRKJOBSCDE.  Not bad.
However