Thanks Walter. I didn't want to start anything major here - just checking
for more information before my boss gets too "excited" about this...

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
11/15/2004 11:50:05 AM:

> [...]
> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Future of Domino?
>

> Yeah, I know what you mean. I was at that Advisor conference too and I
> remember them talking about future versions past 8. Oh well...
>
> There's a good thread about it at:
>
> http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.
> nsf/55c38d716d632d9b8525689b005ba1c0/46383faf4f0ad30d85256f480065fb20?
> OpenDocument&Highlight=0,n%3Ftes,workplace
>

> Chris Whisonant
> Comporium
> Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
> IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
> IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
> 803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax
>
> domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
> 11/15/2004 11:38:06 AM:
>
> > I went to the Domino Advisor conference in Las Vegas this summer and
> there
> > was a presentation from an IBM'r who outlined the future plans for
> Domino.
> >  He had slides with Domino version 10 described, no detail obviously,
> but
> > he stated that the Domino roadmap is already planned for several years

> > down the road.  I can dig up that powerpoint if anyone's interested --

> > send me email directly...
> >
> > I take comments about Domino going away the same as I react to
comments
> > about the iSeries going away -- how long have I been hearing the
iSeries

> > is obsolete and will be phased out ?  Since 1995 ???
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > Chris Whisonant <Chris.Whisonant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Sent by: domino400-bounces+rlaing=gemko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 11/15/2004 11:28 AM
> > Please respond to
> > Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Future of Domino?
> >

> > My boss just came back from the iSeries Tech Conference last week in
> > Vegas. He went to a class "WebSphere and Domino: What, When and Why"
> given
> >
> > by Tracy Smith. Slide number 42 is something that I have not seen
> before.
> > It has a graphic that shows the convergence of Domino and Workplace
> after
> > the release of Domino 7. My boss stated that the presenter alluded
that
> > there would not be a Domino 8.
> >
> > Ed Brill actually talks about this in his blog entry for today - which
>

> > am reading now. It seems to be more reassuring. I know this is
somewhat
> in
> >
> > the infant stages, but what does this mean for Domino
Admins/Developers