I went to the Domino Advisor conference in Las Vegas this summer and there
was a presentation from an IBM'r who outlined the future plans for Domino.
 He had slides with Domino version 10 described, no detail obviously, but
he stated that the Domino roadmap is already planned for several years
down the road.  I can dig up that powerpoint if anyone's interested --
send me email directly...

I take comments about Domino going away the same as I react to comments
about the iSeries going away -- how long have I been hearing the iSeries
is obsolete and will be phased out ?  Since 1995 ???

Bob

Chris Whisonant <Chris.Whisonant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rlaing=gemko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/15/2004 11:28 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Future of Domino?

My boss just came back from the iSeries Tech Conference last week in
Vegas. He went to a class "WebSphere and Domino: What, When and Why" given

by Tracy Smith. Slide number 42 is something that I have not seen before.
It has a graphic that shows the convergence of Domino and Workplace after
the release of Domino 7. My boss stated that the presenter alluded that
there would not be a Domino 8.

Ed Brill actually talks about this in his blog entry for today - which I
am reading now. It seems to be more reassuring. I know this is somewhat in

the infant stages, but what does this mean for Domino Admins/Developers if

there is going to be a convergence? Should we start migrating to
Workplace? I'm not worried, but I could see these questions coming to me
from my boss...

http://www.edbrill.com/ebrill/edbrill.nsf?Open

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax