Rob:

Your email sounds as if you feel we are complete idiots.   We have done
many upgrades of our I-Series.  Now apology accepted & we will move on.....

This upgrade has been, lets say a challenge.... All of our upgrades in the
past we first upgraded our existing I-Series to be at the same OS level as
the new machine.  This one we were told that would not be necessary and we
could do selective restores, etc to bring over the existing information....
Well that went out the window when our new I-Series showed up with no
operating system installed....

We are fully aware that you can not just restore some libraries &
everything will be working like it did on the old system.  We did not do
any restore license programs, we did a complete install of V5R3 from
scratch, THANK YOU IBM for not installing V5R3 before shipping (yes it was
ordered to be installed - long story).....

Now if I do the dspsfwrsc command, Domino does appear.  Don't forget that
Domino is running & we can access all the email that is on it.  Just have
to run the strdomsvr command from QNOTES.  My thought is that since we did
a complete install of V5R3, it did not do the copying of certain objects to
QSYS.  I have called IBM & they are looking into it, may take a couple days
to get an answer....

I actually think I will do a restore license program, just to see if the
commands show up....

Steve Jones

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To
             @midrange.com             Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
                                       <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             07/23/2004 12:30
             PM                                                     Fax to

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: V5R3
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

I'm sorry if this came off as harsh.  And I did send it before your last
post.

But my point is that there are numerous things that are updated in other
than a few libraries.  There's commands that are stored in QSYS that are
restored with RSTLICPGM.  User profiles, IFS objects and God knows what
other parts of the system that IBM uses.  There have been people who have
even copied over QUSRSYS from an earlier release machine to a newer release
only to find out that a release upgrade often reformats some of those
files.

If it came off as harsh to you, again I apologize.  Hopefully my other
mail, to your more recent post, helps explain how your commands came up
missing.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     |                                           |
|   Sent by:                  |                                           |
|   domino400-bounces@midrange|                                         To|
|   .com                      |               Lotus Domino on the iSeries |
|                             |               / AS400                     |
|   07/23/2004 11:24 AM       |               <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    |
|                             |                                         cc|
|         Please respond to   |                                           |
|        Lotus Domino on the  |                                    Subject|
|          iSeries / AS400    |               Re: V5R3                    |
|      <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx|                                           |
|                 >           |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

You care to explain the purpose of this?

Steve Jones

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by:
domino400-bounces                                          To
@midrange.com             Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
07/23/2004 12:02
PM                                                     Fax to

Subject
Please respond to         Re: V5R3
Lotus Domino on
the iSeries /
AS400
<domino400@midran
ge.com>

I would dearly love to know how some of these people did 'migrations' that
come up with these missing commands.  It sounds an awful lot like the
people who used to ask things like:  "I am running V2R1 and I want to
upgrade to V5R1.  Do I just need to restore my data library on the new
machine?"

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000