By the way, that $1/day works really well for the number of employees we
have.  I think if you started going over 100 employees an appliance might
make more sense.  That one I linked originally is fairly inexpensive -
under $2000.  I had always thought that these things were all 10x that
price so I had never looked at them.  I saw a review of this one and the
price and that is what got me started.  Once I looked at the appliances it
occurred to me that their must be companies offering this as a service and
sure enough there are.  The biggest advantage to a service is that it is
all done outside your network so you also get a bandwidth savings.

Here is that appliance again.  There are tons of these.

http://www.barracudanetworks.com/products.php

The reason these can be done cheaply is that there are a lot of great open
source apps out there that do this, so if you did not mind building a
Linux box and hardening it yourself this could also be done for the cost
of hardware and time.

Mark