Hello,

We have put a Domino/Notes face on a DB2 application using Domino 5.0.10 (soon Domino 6) and are having problems with text fields.

Since this is based on a DB2 application running on an iSeries the text fields have a fixed length however in the Notes client the only way to limit the input is by issuing an error message after the user's input :-( or by truncating :-( :-( in the code. The users really hate having to retype their text or guessing at how much will fit and usually end up with very short lines that waste a lot of database space.

In addition there are areas where a memo is attached to a master record. Again, with a DB2 backend this is structured as an unlimited number of fixed length records, each representing a line.

Surely with the number of Domino applications interfacing with other databases that use fixed length fields someone has developed a better way of making the Notes client keep the fields compatible.

I would appreciate any code _snipits_ or addresses that could help with these situations.

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte *** www.vicker.com ***
A conference with the IRS is a taxing proposition.