Scott,

I tend to agree with Rob also.  Proposing LPAR as a viable strategy for
hosting native IBM-produced iSeries software (like the Domino and
related products) should be accompanied with an apology that they
haven't got all the work done on the product that requires an earlier
release.  LPAR is a valid solution to the situation, as is not upgrading
Domino to Version 6.  I do take exception to promoting LPAR as a
solution with a smile as though it was a strategic plan.  It's a
stop-gap solution and does not make economic sense for many
installations.

On the version incompatibility issues, I would imagine that the problem
is more on the library side of things than the IFS-folder side of
things.  All of the Domino server programs reside in the QNOTES (and
other) libraries.  Supporting multiple library structures and multiple
versions of the related commands (WRKDOMSVR etc.) is probably too much
to ask.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse