Danny,

If you cannot see the folders in Designer, then it sounds suspiciously like
these folders are local, and therefore not being replicated.  If there's no
reason for the folders to be local, you may want to have your user do the
following:

1.  Create new folders in the mail file (make sure these are Shared, not
Private) with slightly different names from the old folders.
2.  Drag the messages from the old folder to the new folder.
3.  Delete the old folder.
4.  Rename the new folder.
5.  Replicate the database with the new server.

Then check the replica on the new server.

Mike Eovino
E-Commerce Manager
Estes Express Lines

                    danny.mccampbell@us
                    .mahle.com                To:     domino400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    domino400-admin@mid       Subject:     Re: Mail File
Troubles
                    range.com

                    06/06/2002 02:55 PM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400

>From what I understand from the user, he created them in the Notes client
and dragged messages into them.

I looked in the designer view and found the root folder, but not the
folders that are supposed to reside under it.

I have him checking the All Documents view now to see if he can find what
he needs.

Sincerely,

Danny W. McCampbell
Senior Network Analyst
MAHLE, Inc.
423-318-3205

|         |           MEovino@estes-exp|
|         |           ress.com         |
|         |           domino400-admin@m|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           06/06/2002 02:22 |
|         |           domino400        |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |        To:      domino400@midrange.com
|
  |        cc:
|
  |        Subject: Re: Mail File Troubles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Danny,

Are the folders regular old folders that live in the mail file itself, or
are they private folders that actually live in the desktop.dsk file.  If
they are not regular folders, they will not be replicated.

Open the mail file in question in the designer client and see if the
folders are in that file in the Folders view.  If they're not, then there's
your problem.

Tell the user not to worry too much, as these folders are not like
directories on a hard disk.  Just because the folder isn't there, the
messages are and should be accessible via All Documents.

Mike E.

                    danny.mccampbell@us
                    .mahle.com                To:
domino400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    domino400-admin@mid       Subject:     Mail File
Troubles
                    range.com

                    06/05/2002 04:15 PM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400

I have recently setup another Notes server in our Notes Domain running on
Windows 2000 Server.
I moved about 50 users and mail files from our existing Notes Server
(running on an AS/400) to this
server.  The problem I am having is with mail files not being consistent
after the move.

I have one user that I have replicated his file manually and through the
admin process and when it
gets to the other server and I or he opens it, several folders did not make
it across.  At that point I
can go back and open the file on my server and the folders are also gone.

AS/400 running Version 5.0.9
2000 Server running Version 5.0.10

Any ideas gurus of all Domino gurus who are smart enough to run Domino on
an AS/400.

Danny W. McCampbell
danny.mccampbell@us.mahle.com