To: domino400@midrange.com
From: domino400-admin@midrange.com
Date: 09/27/2001 10:51AM
Subject: Re: help with DECS problems.

You have found one of the limitations of DECS, the keys have to exist onthe
Notes side for updates and deletes.  Another limitation is that thedata is only
updated on form open, thus if you have data being kept inNotes, it is only as
fresh as the last time the document was opened.  Wefound that the best way to
use DECS was to have a form prompt you for a key(which can be a lookup to a
backend DB), then set that key in the form sothat DECS will act on it.A way to
get around some of these issues could be to utilize LEI (LotusEnterprise
Integrator).  Although it is not free, it may be a better fitfor what you are
trying to accomplish.Thanks,Dave GuerreroTeam Leader e-Business
SolutionsComputech Resources, Inc.1375 W. Main AvenueDe Pere, WI 54115Phone:
920-336-1387 Ext. 264Cell:  920-360-7225Fax:  920-336-7728