  • Subject: Re: Scan Mail
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:27:26 -0500

I'll share a small portion of our extensive preparations for downtime.
Maybe this will help:

Verify that we have latest versions of Trend Micro products.
The pattern files get automatically updated.  This leaves us two areas of
concern.  The Scan Engine, and the software itself.  To display what Scan
Engine we have do the following:
WRKOBJ TRENDMICRO/VSAPI
Look at the text for the version.  Write down the version of Scan Engine we
are running here: ________________
To display which version of Scan Mail do the following:
DSPSFWRSC
Look for 1TSMN99-ScanMail for Lotus Notes.  Press F11=Display
libraries/releases.
Write down the version of Scan Mail we are running here: ________________
Go to http://www.antivirus.com/
Select Downloads.  Under Core Technology you'll see Scan Engine.  Write
down the version of Scan Engine available:  ____________  If this is
different than the scan engine we are running, download it and apply it by
selecting Scan Mail for Lotus Notes, the AS/400 version.
Select Downloads.  Select Updates.  Look at Scan Mail for Lotus Notes -
AS/400.  Write down the verson here:  ______________  If this is different
than the version we are running , download it and apply it.  Sometimes it
comes packaged with an older version of the scan engine and you might have
to download a newer version of the scan engine seperately.  While you are
here, check for patches.
If prompted our complete entire serial number is (deleted for security
reasons.)

Now, this may need some correction due to changes in their web site.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    rob@dekko.com

                    Sent by:                  To:     DOMINO400@midrange.com

                    owner-domino400@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                Subject:     Re: Scan Mail

                    05/18/01 10:39 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

He's not bad.  But he also covers the 390 accounts also :-)   (Not that I
care, except that it's more load on his back.)  But you bring up a good
point.  I hope he's healthy, happy, and a workaholic.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    MWalter@hanoverwir

                    e.com                     To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-domino400@mi        Subject:     Re: Scan Mail

                    drange.com

                    05/18/01 10:19 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Yea, I already found that out. I have an issue open with them. What scared
me was that they told me that they would have there AS/400 GUY (singular)
call me. Only one guy? I guess I'm used to the army of excellent support
people that IBM provides.

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.
mwalter@hanoverwire.com
http://www.hanoverwire.com
717.637.3795 Ext.3040

                    rob@dekko.com

                    Sent by:                  To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    owner-domino400@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                Subject:     Re: Scan Mail

                    05/18/01 10:03 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Do not call scan microtech directly for an AS/400 problem - it could take
several lifetimes to get a call back.  They have their 400 number well
hidden on their web page.  They move it constantly.  They've subcontracted
out their 400 work.  Call them instead.

 For North American customers:
 Phone support: (800) 300-1558
 Email support: scanmail@csihome.com

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    MWalter@hanoverwir

                    e.com                     To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-domino400@mi        Subject:     Re: Scan Mail

                    drange.com

                    05/18/01 08:38 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Rob,

OK. Our directory structure is what it is. I renamed the patter file from
lpt$vpn.889 to lptvpn.889. The file is in the /lotus/domino/server_name
directory on the IFS.
 I stopped the Domino server and restarted it. I did a tell quit to the
TMMSCAN and REPSCAN tasks. Still, no scanning and the message that there is
a problem with the scanner.
ScanMicro's tech support has not gotten back to me as of yet. I'll be sure
post their recommendations, if it works, on the list as to help anyone
else.

Thanks so much for your help,

Mark

Mark Walter