  • Subject: Domino HTML Pages (via Agents) Served by IBM HTTP
  • From: Fred Newberry <fnewberry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:59:05 -0500

Hello All -
        Domino 5.0.4a, V4R5 OS/400, Websphere and IBM HTTP V3.021.

We have some Domino databases running on an AS/400 that use agents to
generate HTML to display reports.  The Agents are invoked via a URL on a
Domino form.  When the Domino HTTP server is used for these databases the
HTML Reports get displayed without any interruption from the browser.
When the Domino Server is reconfigured to use the IBM HTTP server the
browser interrupts the flow saying that you have requested to open a file
(named for the agent), do you want to save it to a file or open it where it
exists.  When you say to open i, you are prompted to choose the helper
application to use to view the file.  By choosing a browser the HTML report
is shown in a new browser window and looks fine.

What might I be missing in the setup of the HTTP configuration that is
causing this ?
Do I need to set Server Side Includes on for CGI and Files ?

   Routing table
        7 Service *.nsf* /QSYS.LIB/QNOTES.LIB/LIBHTTPX.SRVPGM:Service
%%BINARY/MIXED%%
        8 Pass /icons/* /LOTUS/Domino/server/domino/icons/*
        9 Pass /domjava/* /LOTUS/Domino/server/domino/JAVA/*
        10 Pass /icons/* /server/domino/icons/*
        11 Pass /domjava/* /server/domino/JAVA/*
        12 Pass /HRRptpdf/* /LOTUS/Domino/server/domino/html/HRRptpdf/*
   Application routing
        4 ServerInit /QSYS.LIB/QNOTES.LIB/LIBHTTPX.SRVPGM:ServerInit
        5 ServerTerm /QSYS.LIB/QNOTES.LIB/LIBHTTPX.SRVPGM:ServerTerm

Thanks in advance for any input.!

Fred A. Newberry
EFG Companies
1-800-527-1984