  • Subject: Re: Router Job in Domino subsystem
  • From: "Micki Rogers/MiWheel" <Mrogers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:56:30 -0400

Where do you find this 'PURGE' parameter???

                    mandy.shaw@uk.catalyst-sol

                    utions.com                        To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                          cc:

                    owner-domino400@midrange.c        Subject:     Re: Router
Job in Domino subsystem
                    om

                    09/13/00 03:08 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

I wouldn't recommend running Domino in *BASE, honestly - it is dangerous
because it can take resources away from the activities OS/400 has to carry
out in the base pool. Better to allocate Domino its own shared pool via
WRKSHRPOOL and use that. Tune the maxima and minima the way you want them
(don't let the base pool get too small, & make sure Domino's pool is high
priority). Then the performance adjuster will sort things out for you
pretty well in our experience.

Another point - check you are not using PURGE(*YES) which was at one point
(maybe still is) set as the default on the Domino classes in QUSRNOTES and
which I would definitely recommend you change to PURGE(*NO) - Domino does
loads of waits & you don't want any more paging than you can help. (You
should have plenty of main storage available for Domino if your box has
been sized according to IBM's guidelines.)

      Regards,
      Mandy Shaw

      Catalyst Solutions plc
      Kingfisher House