<< I am a citizen of and covered by Washington State insurance BCBS/Regents because it covers pre-existing and my insulin.>>

I'm guessing that you pay 3 times what I pay to BCBS of Texas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Consult400 <consult400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Pgmr
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2023 8:29 AM
To: 'Consulting on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)' <consult400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Consult400] Insurance options for 1099 gigs

No. Not an AMEN.
It's apples and rocks and it's a scam.

In fact, truth be told, Oregon and the ACA do not allow exclusions for pre-existing conditions. Texas does and every major insurance company policy outside of the ACA exclude pre-existing as well as deductibles and no coverage for things the ACA and Oregon require. Oregon also caps co-pays for Insulin at $75, but only for those covered by insurance. Texas caps insulin costs at $25 per 31 days supply but only if you are a RETIRED TEACHER covered under TRS-Active care. So, if you want to put in 20 years teaching and then retire, you can get affordable insulin. Thanks to an idiot, most major insulin manufacturers are having to cap prices for those not covered.

Stop saying this is the best country on the planet and we are better than every other country when 43 other countries have figured out how to ACTUALLY do national healthcare and we can't (or refuse to cap greed).
Those countries include:
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Morocco, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, The Philippines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and theUnited Kingdom.

I've had healthcare in 5 of these countries, so save the "Ours is superior" speech. It isn't. But good luck with your complaints about how terrible the search for life saving affordable healthcare is in this country. Talk about any of this with people from other countries with national healthcare and you get the dumb dog head turn.

PS: I am a citizen of and covered by Washington State insurance BCBS/Regents because it covers pre-existing and my insulin.

Go figure.