I call BS on this. It's a red herring. IBM i is a server OS. Even Linux
doesn't have a "Native" GUI, just a third party bolt on called X-Windows.
Which doesn't look the same in all of it's incarnations. And those in the
know don't use X in server situations anyway because it doubles the memory
requirements at a minimum. GUI is only important on the desktop, so until
IBM brings out a desktop version of IBM i, the GUI just isn't a real
problem. In fact, IBM i has the same GUI everyone else uses, a browser. Why
does it need something special that is just IBM i? So administrators can
use a GUI to manage it? Oh wait, that already exists too, it's called
Navigator.