Hi Janet,

So far all the responses have been education, with which I mostly agree,
although I'd like to know how others decide which courses to take. Java?
ILE? Perl? Everything all at once in 5 days? Websphere? A course that tells
you just what the heck Websphere is?

I'd like to know more about tools as well.  From what I've been hearing,
Websphere Development Tools is free for awhile then you get an $8000 whammy.
That's assuming you have an AS400, which I do not.  I'd like tools that I
can purchase and use on any of my customers AS400's, as well as Netshare400
where I rent time.  I'd like to pick and choose individual tools with prices
under 100USD, with perhaps a package deal for 500USD.

IMHO, the biggest reason PC's took off is the low price of hardware and
software, making it relatively painless for a lot of people to jump in and
start developing stuff, learning stuff, etc.  I'd like to see something
similar happen with the iSeries.

Regards,
Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.