  • Subject: RE: How to order V5R1 of wdts
  • From: slater@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:15:09 -0400

Phil / Reeve,
WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries consolidates all of the key
iSeries AD tools into 1 product and WDS is a no charge upgrade from any of
the previous products with software subscription.
There will no longer be separate individual AD tools as products. After the
introduction of WDS, the individual tools ( ILE RPG, ILE COBOL, ILE C, ILE
C++, ADTS, CODE, VisualAge RPG, WebFacing Tool, WebSphere Studio for
iSeries, VisualAge for Java for iSeries) will disappear as products and
ONLY be available through WDS in the iSeries marketplace .
About the use of the WebSphere name.... I was involved in the naming
process...a painfull process. I have no comment.
Thanks, Dave

David Slater,
World Wide Market Manager,
iSeries Application Development
Internet ID - slater@ca.ibm.com
Tie -778-4108, Outside Line 1-905-470-8989

                    "Reeve Fritchman"

                    <reeve@ltl400.com>       To:     <CODE400-L@midrange.com>

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-code400-l@mi       Subject:     RE: How to order V5R1
of wdts
                    drange.com

                    06/19/2001 01:53

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Phil, it's been renamed "WebSphere MQ" because
"WebsphereGUIJavaSOILinuxLPAR
MQ" is not cool enough...