  • Subject: Re: Communication Console errors out on startup
  • From: Jim Essinger <esinger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:59:02 -0700

Yes - all three machines have been installed with the exact same install
disks, and the exact same functions (complete install).  All three are Win
2k pro machines, 2 of them are laptops.  The other two work just fine, mine
has the problem mentioned.  The install for all machines used the 3 CD
Websphere Development V4R5M1 version of the install disks, and have loaded
the latest service pack available for download from the web (60 meg, sp?1?).

At 11:09 PM 6/6/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Do you have a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed?  Do the other
>machines?  You will get the message you mentioned if you do not have a JRE
>installed.
>
>The Communication properites needs a JRE installed to work.
>
>Eric Simpson
>IBM Toronto Lab
>Phone:  (416) 448-3226,  T/L:  778-3226
>Email and SameTime Connect:  esimpson@ca.ibm.com
>

>Jim Essinger <esinger@fmtc.com>@midrange.com on 06/06/2001 08:31:02 PM
>
>Please respond to CODE400-L@midrange.com
>
>Sent by:  owner-code400-l@midrange.com
>

>To:   CODE400-L@midrange.com
>cc:
>Subject:  Communication Console errors out on startup
>

>Greetings!
>
>I have a strange problem, I have several machines running Win 2K Pro, and
>have loaded Code/400 (Websphere Devl Tools) V4R5M1 on 3 of them so
>far.  The first two had no problems, the third (MY laptop of course) has an
>
>error when starting up, or trying to get into the properties on the
>Communication Daemon.  The error I get is (in the heading of the window)
>"EVF2040 RC = 133".  The window says "Programming Error" and gives me an OK
>
>button.  This happens every time I startup my PC due to the Communication
>Daemon starting.  I can do a STRCODE command on the 400, and it connects to
>
>the PC, and I can end all STRCODE servers.  I can't get into the
>properties.  Everything else seems to be ok, but I have not done any real
>programming.
>
>Any thoughts??
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jim Essinger