Van: cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens Jeff Buening
Verzonden: maandag 15 oktober 2012 17:33
Aan: COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400
Onderwerp: Re: [COBOL400-L] old OPM cobol: compile as ILE

I do know that Next Sentence is handled differently in ILE than OPM. In ILE it goes to the next "." where before it would just jump out of that IF statement. Continue is what is suppose to be used to just jump out of the IF statement and not go to the next ".".

I had some issues with a Table being INDEXED and starting position of the table in OPM and ILE worked differently maybe it was 0 in OPM and 1 in ILE, not really for sure just remember I compiled a couple programs in ILE and the program started to Abend when working with the table maybe someone else will have better explanation?

EXIT PROGRAM have had issue with mix OPM ILE programs, the ILE program that has EXIT PROGRAM could drop though the EXIT PROGRAM instead of going back to calling program because of Activation group differences or differences between ILE and OPM.

Have not compiled to many current OPM programs to ILE, these were just a couple of things I remember dealing with so far.......And the ones I did where stand alone batch programs that didn't have a lot of calls with other programs etc....

Jeff Buening
Sr. Developer
P: 419.586.8599 | F: 419.586.6224

Celina Insurance Group
800.552.5181 | 1 Insurance Square, Celina, Ohio 45822 www.celinainsurance.com

The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
Unauthorized disclosure, copying, or use of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.