Hi Cole,

I have something very similar except mine is a trigger which monitors one
file, and uses information from this to write to two other files. Code is
attached below, hopefully it will be of some use to you, although you may
need to create a stored procedure instead of dynamic SQL within a program.

I have included the table definition (PTPCHANGES), which has an identity
field as its primary key. I have also included the trigger code. I got
the code from one of the IBM manuals, it uses the VALUES line to retrieve
the value of the newly created PTPCHANGES table record.

Hope this helps.

JP
Bank of Ireland - Group IT
Please log all calls with the helpdesk first, phone: 01 638 6316.

t:+353 (0)1 616 7909
f:+353 (0)1 856 0315

Bank of Ireland incorporated in Ireland with Limited Liability.
Registered Office - Head Office, Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2. Registered
Number - C-1
Bank of Ireland is regulated by the Financial Regulator in Ireland and
authorised by the Financial Services Authority in the UK.
Security Classification - Amber Confidential to Bank of Ireland Group Staff
and authorised third parties ; Not for further distribution.

Layout of table PTPCHANGES:
Create Table Fgb2Bf0Pd0/PtpChanges(
CmpCde Int Not Null,
PrtNum Int Not Null,
ChgUser VarChar(10),
SeqNumber Int NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS As Identity
(Start With 1, Increment By 1),
ChgDate TimeStamp Default Current_TimeStamp,
ChgFile Char(2) Not Null,
Reported Char(1) Default 'N',
Operation Char(1) Not Null,
Constraint PtpChanges_PK Primary Key (SeqNumber),
Constraint PtpChanges_CHECK1 Check
(ChgFile In ('MA', 'AD', 'CO', 'CU')),
Constraint PtpChanges_CHECK2 Check
(Reported In ('Y', 'N')),
Constraint PtpChanges_CHECK3 Check
(Operation In ('A', 'C', 'D'))
);

Label On Table Fgb2Bf0Pd0/PtpChanges Is
'Record Third Party Changes';

Comment On Table Fgb2Bf0Pd0/PtpChanges Is
'Third Party Changes';

COMMENT ON COLUMN FGB2BF0PD0/PTPCHANGES (CHGUSER IS
'Who Made The Change', SEQNUMBER IS 'Sequence Number', CHGDATE IS
'Date Changed', CHGFILE IS 'File Being Changed');

Trigger code:
Create Trigger Fgb2Bf0Pd0/PtpCustTrI
After Insert
On Fgb2bf0Pd0/PtpCust
Referencing New Row as NR
For Each Row Mode DB2Row
SET OPTION DBGVIEW =*STMT
Begin

Declare Ident Integer;

Insert Into Fgb2Bf0Pd0/PtpChanges(
CmpCde, PrtNum, ChgUser, ChgFile, Operation
)
Values(NR.Company_Code, NR.Customer_Number,
User, 'CU', 'A');

Values Identity_Val_Local() Into Ident;

Insert Into Fgb2Bf0Pd0/PtpCustChg(
SeqNumber, Image, AdrNum, SxTyp, Occup, EmpNm, EmpA1,
EmpA2
)
Values(Ident, 'A', NR.Address_Number,
NR.Male_Female_Indicator, NR.Occupation,
NR.Employer_Name, NR.Employer_Address_Line_1,
NR.Employer_Address_Line_2);

End;

|---------+------------------------------->
| | Cole Gantz |