List,

I need some advice on naming conventions for programs and copybooks. What
brought this to my attention is that I discovered in my conversion efforts
that I have a COBOL program (sub-routine) with a corresponding copybook that
have the same name.

It was my understanding from others that I've spoken with that source "type"
(or suffix - not sure of the correct term in the iSeries world) should be
CBLLE for COBOL/ILE and SQLCBLLE for COBOL/ILE+SQL.

I realize it is probably better not to have a copybook and program with the
same names, but how is this handled in the iSeries world. Separating them to
two different sourcefiles may not be enough because both may be searched
during a compile procedure.

Is there a way to differentiate between a program source vs. a copybook?

What is the recommended way to handle this problem and why?  TIA!