IBM has made no secret about its desire to merge the
AS/400 and RS/6000 into a single platform.  I doubt
the new platform will be running OS/400.  I expect the
new platform will run *nix.  I would hate to lose all
our COBOL/400 resources because of a switch to *nix.

And, as a junior programmer, the decision to switch
from the AS/400 to another platform isn't mine to
make. What if my managers decide to migrate away from
the AS/400?  I would sure like my COBOL/400 skills to
migrate right along with them.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Kelly Cookson