> From: Hamid Ghaffari
>
> Can we please refrain from sending mails to the distribution list for the
> sake of it. Maybe you should limit it to the individual you want to have a
> banter with. I have just had over 20 emails with the same
> subject. I wonder
> how many of them actually discuss the subject matter to the benefit of the
> novice?

Hamid, what did you object to in these posts?  For the most part they
discussed in some detail two issues:

1. The use of working storage to define input/output buffers, and the
pitfalls of the COPY DDS-ALL-FORMATS.

2. The use of prototyped procedures in COBOL

Neither of these topics seems particularly irrelevant.  We segued a tiny bit
into the relative strengths and weaknesses of COBOL vs. RPG, but even that
is pretty closely related to this list, or at least I thought so.

Considering the fact that days go by with one, two, or even zero posts, and
that the grand total today so far has been about 20, and that many lists get
far more than that - given all these facts combined, I'm confused as to what
you think this list is for.

I could be wrong, but since I've been causing a lot of the traffic of late,
and since you specifically quoted my post, I want to know if I should just
shut up and stop cluttering the list with my off-topic crap.

Joe

P.S. You want "hundreds" of emails, try the MIDRANGE-L list sometime.