[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Bob wrote earlier:

>One way to get the AS/400 to print to your PC is to use LPR/LPD. Mochasoft
>>(www.mochasoft.dk[1])
has a shareware LPD client for use on the Windows platform that is very
>modestly
priced if you find it useful. You can then setup a remote output queue on your
>AS/400, specifing the IP address of the PC and host print transform for the
type of printer >your using. Setup the the LPD client on your PC to use "RAW"
print mode to send the print >straight to the printer and your set.

Thanks Bob, for information me about this piece of software. I will be
checking this software out this weekend. Looking briefly at their site, they
seem to have a bunch of software available that could be benefical to me.

I also was informed of a company called Hummingbird Software. They offer their
Exceed line of software for UNIX and mainframe connectivity plus printing. I
will be researching many options. Thus being a student has its advantages in
getting educational pricing.

Terry wrote earlier:

>Viewing the spoolfile does not show blank lines or control characters. My
solution: Move a >period to each blank line before printing. This allowed me
to see the "hidden" lines and to >save *lots* of paper until I was happy with
the output.

Would you mind giving an example of moving a period to each blank line?

Greg wrote earlier:

>As you scroll down line by line (+1 in the Control line), you may see that
the Line value >skips numbers.  This indicates that you just skipped one or
more blank lines.  This is a >way to determine the vertical output without
printing.

Thanks Greg. I also received this solution on the midrange list too. But I
value all submissions.

Jack wrote earlier:

>When you are in the "Display Spooled File" screen, position your cursor in
the Control >field and press F1 for Help.  It will give you an explanation of
the valid entries for the >Control field, which are used to position the
Screen View of the spool file.

>AS400 has extensive Help available.  Press F1 while in a field for field
help, move your >cursor off a field to an open area of the screen to get
screen help or command help.

I looked in the help system and I found this piece of information and there is
a wealth of information in there, thanks,

Well now its back to my assignments. Take care.

Thanks,

Eric --

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com[2]

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing.Click to join[3].