From: David Silber [mailto:david.silber@hpdsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 8:47 AM
To: 'cobol400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: NEXT SENTENCE

I found a posting in the archives from May 2001 that dealt with things to
watch for when moving from OPM to ILE COBOL. One of the items dealt with
NEXT SENTENCE. A reply claimed that in OPM COBOL, NEXT SENTENCE worked like
CONTINUE (incorrect) while in ILE COBOL it skipped to the statement
following the next period (correct). Does anyone have any more details? We
have experienced some funnies with NEXT SENTENCE when END-IFs were added to
our code but the funnies seemed to be when our application was run on Unix
(Micro Focus COBOL), not AS/400. The archives search revealed no other entry
for NEXT SENTENCE so clarification would be very useful. Thanks.

David Silber
email: david.silber@hpdsoftware.com

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems.
necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

 At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  All liability
is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re-
sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.