Do you have these statements in your program?

process apost, nomonoprc.

special-names.
    linkage type procedure for 'inet_addr'.

I couldn't find a reference to this routine in the InfoCenter
for the iSeries (what else is new....), so I'm not sure about
your return parameter.  I normally use:

01  return-code          pic s9(09) binary.

Good Luck,
Terry