Hi Kelly,
Maybe you do not want to do a lot BUT our company offers an open source (No
charge) produce Better Object Builder (BOB -
https://github.com/s4isystems/Bob/wiki) to build your objects better on the
i.

Spencer

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Kelly Beard <kenverybigliar@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Years ago I downloaded the unsupported package 5799-PTL because I was new
to the iSeries world and knew I needed some kind of make facility and other
means of compilation other than CRTCPPMOD & CRTPGM. I had to work out two
bugs that I remember in the icc code, then I was off and running. That was
on our Power7 V7R1 machine. Now we are working to transition to a Power8
w/ V7R3 and it has icc already installed, or so it seems. When I do the
following "type" command, I get the following:

$ type icc
icc is /QIBM/ProdData/DeveloperTools/qsh/bin/icc.

However, compiling anything gives me this:

QAPTL/ICC: Unexpected exception MCH3601

How can I dig into this a little more deeply and figure out what's going
on?

--
Kelly Beard