On 9/14/2012 4:02 PM, Chris Hird wrote:
... I am wondering if I
can create a nullflds map over a file of say 8,000 null fields and simple
use it as a template for all null_maps? Probably easier if I could simple
access the in_null_map with a ptr and set the memory directly with 0xF0 or
0xF1?

I don't think you really need anything special for the null field map; an ordinary char* should do fine.

But in an earlier post, it looked like you were doing just that. At least, I'm assuming that nvi_set was defined as a char *:

for(j = 0; j < NVI_Buf->Length_NVI; j++,data++,nvi_set++) {
if(*data == 0xF9)
*nvi_set = __NULL_VALUE;
else
*nvi_set = __NOT_NULL_VALUE;
}

The only think I can think of here is that NVI_Buf->Length_NVI is greater fp->null_map_len. If so, you'd be corrupting some other storage which might lead to the errors you're seeing. I don't think you've told us exactly what errors you're seeing.