Von: c400-l-bounces+mihael.schmidt=rossmann.de@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:c400-l-bounces+mihael.schmidt=rossmann.de@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Scott Klement
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Juni 2009 16:34
An: C programming iSeries / AS400
Betreff: Re: [C400-L] fork() in ILE C

AFIAK, there's no equivalent to fork() in ILE. The closest match is
spawn().

OS/400 jobs are not the same as Unix processes. I don't think there's
any way under OS/400 to start a new job and have it resume in the middle
of a program where the calling job left off? (That's what fork() does)

There's one in PASE, which does have Unix processes, since it is a Unix
environment -- but that won't help you in ILE C.

See if you can accomplish your purpose via spawn() instead of fork().

Schmidt, Mihael wrote:
Hello again,

I didn't find any fork() function for ILE C. I guess there is none.

Can I use fork400() ? But I have seen that the header file as400_protos.h resides in /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/PASE/include. Does that matter? Will a PASE environment be startet when calling the fork400() from an ILE C program?

If that would work I would use the following line to mimic fork()

#define fork() fork400("CS", 0);

Would that work?

Thanx in advance.

Mihael Schmidt
Anwendungsentwicklung

Dirk Rossmann GmbH
Iserhägener Str.16
30938 Burgwedel
* +49 (05139) 898 - 4353

Handelsregister-Nr. HRB 120546, Amtsgericht Hannover
Ust-Id-Nr. DE 115055186
St.-Nr. 16 / 205 / 65401
Geschäftsführer: Dirk Roßmann, Alice Schardt-Roßmann, Roland Frobel, Klaus Praus