> I'm pretty new to OS400, so ...
>
> > Try changing the CCSID to 37 and see if that helps.
> How can I set this and where can I check the current settings?

I used the chgatr command, like this:
CHGATR OBJ('/buck/test.x') ATR(*CCSID) VALUE(819)

To check the current settings, you can use the wrklnk command,
wrklnk '/buck'
Then use option 5 to go down one level and option 8 to look at the
attributes.  The command keys are listed on the bottom of the panel.

> I created the source file on Linux box and export it trough NFS.
Later I
> mounted the export on OS400 and from the terminal I copied the file
to the
> '/' << heh ... I don't know how to use the OS400 editor :(

That should be OK, and should be in ASCII.  My advice may not be
useful to you.

> > One other note; be sure to compile your C programs with the
enum(*int)
> > parameter set.
> BTW: I have big problems with enums on OS400. How can I set this
> parameter? << I will experiment with this later today ... anyway a
hint
> will be helpful.

I'm not sure how you are compiling, but if you use PDM, take option 15
and press F4 (not Enter)  You'll see some of the parameters for the
Create C Module command.  Press F10 to see all the options.  Press
page Down several times (4?) and you'll see a parameter called ENUM -
the text reads 'Enum size'  Set it to *INT.

If you are using the command line, just add the enum parameter to the
end of your current compile command: crtcmod module(x) enum(*int)

An alternative is to use #pragma enum ( int ) - this may be easier for
you if the version of OS400 you are on supports it.
  --buck