Pass it back as an INT return value.  (Assuming your CL is CLLE).

DCL VAR(&wrkINT    ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(     4)
DCL VAR(&RRN       ) TYPE(*DEC ) LEN(  15 0)

CALLPRC PRC(program) PARM(parm1 parm2 . . . parmX)
   RTNVAL(%BIN(&wrkINT))
CHGVAR  VAR(&RRN) VALUE(%BIN(&wrkINT))

&RRN now has a numeric value of the returned integer.