There should be some trick about reading files with NULL-capable fields!
But I deal with it for the first time....

Have a file Y6CPF:

A          R Y6CPFR
A            CPNC           6A         TEXT('Account number')
A            DLP            3A         TEXT('Deal type') ALWNULL

Try to read it :

fp = _Ropen("*LIBL/Y6CPF", "rr") ;

fb = _Rreadf(fp, &Collateral, sizeof(y6cpf), __NO_LOCK) ;
while (fb->num_bytes == sizeof(y6cpf))
{
  fb = _Rreadn(fp, &Collateral, sizeof(y6cpf), __NO_LOCK) ;
}

Nothing strange, I always do it like this.
Program gets out of the loop on first record, having field DLP=NULL.
Shit! And my goal was to find just these records...
What's wrong? It SHOULD be as simple as usual!
Any help will be really appreciated.

Jevgeni Astanovski.

This thread ...