On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Simon Coulter wrote:

> I created two little test programs.  The first attempts to put data on stdin
> and then calls the second one.  The second one simply reads stdin and prints
> whatever it finds.  However, although they run with no errors they don't
> actually work.  This doesn't seem impossible so I must be missing something
> obvious.

Maybe each program has its own stdin, caused by activation group issues?
Are you using fprintf() and fscanf()?  I believe both programs must run at
the same time so that changes one program makes to its stdout will be
noticed by the second program on its stdin.

James Rich
james@eaerich.com

This thread ...