I have an odd issue happening with iSeries logon, BPCS and Windows 10.
With Win7, I'm able to logon to the BPCS server via the iSeries logon window, start BPCS and work. One of the things I do is run queries on an excel spreadsheet that accesses the BPCS data via an ODBC connection. This set-up has been working for years.
However, now with Windows 10, I logon to the AS400 and start BPCS and I can run multiple sessions just like with Win7. The difference now is that when I run queries using my excel spreadsheet the iSeries logon window pops up (even if I have logged on prior) and requires me to login again. Most times it says that my password is incorrect (even though it is correct). Then I have to close out of all BPCS sessions, and then try to use my spreadsheet.
If I go to a PC that is running Win7, I can use the spreadsheet like I said in my second sentence. Switch to a Win10 PC and the logon problems start.
I have tried amending the connection script in the ODBC, and have tried to make sure all reg keys are the same as a Win7 set-up. But the problem persists.

Has anyone else run into problems with this logon issue and Win10?

Kindest personal regards,

Michael S. Zimmer
IT Service Engineer Rings & Liners
BPCS & Future 3 System Analyst
Information Systems - Tenneco

T: +1 920 686-2269
M: +1 920 629-3359
michael.zimmer@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.zimmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>

[cid:image001.png@01D606CC.4E4C3300]

Please note: Following the acquisition of Federal-Mogul by Tenneco Inc. my email address has changed to michael.zimmer@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.zimmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>. Messages sent to me @federalmogul.com will continue to be delivered for a limited time. Please update my address in your system to ensure your messages will be delivered.

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING:
This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you believe that you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

http://disclaimer.tenneco.com/

For more information regarding our company, please visit www.tenneco.com
(c) Copyright Tenneco Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.