As you know, I used to work on BPCS 405 CD, until I retired a couple years
ago.
BPCS has probably vastly improved in later versions, to eliminate the kinds
of problems we had.

So take the following as a remote possibility.

Reports associated with shipping, came from 3 programs, which were called by
the big ones, to handle just the report printing, using info provided by the
big ones. Leaving the big ones alone, we modified the called programs, to
arrange the data desired, on our forms. Some data added, some eliminated.
If your reports are printing, but messed up, it could mean that the CUM did
something to the big programs, to disrupt what's going to the little ones.

If original print is messed up, but reprint is not, that is a major clue,
since different programs processing allegedly the same data.
We found issues with the TIMING of actions in the big programs. We needed
to add info to our shipping print-outs, info which the big programs had not
yet touched, let alone pass to the print programs, but was accessible. If
you have modified your print programs, like we did, the CUM may have further
altered the accessibility of needed data. Of course it is all there by time
of reprint.

BPCS expects to read thru files using sequence #s, which are correlated with
other files.
If a line has been deleted, by other than BPCS software, or by poorly
written modification software, BPCS programs reading line by line will get
to the gap, where the line was deleted. Instead of reading on to see if
there is anything more in that item, order, whatever, the BPCS program
falsely assumes there is none, and exits that item order whatever. At least
that is what happened in our version. Anyone seeking to kill some lines in
an order, or routings, or any other line # based BPCS file, needs to use a
method which will re-number the remaining lines, and fix any other files
which point to line #s which may have failed & been replaced.

This theory is not inconsistent with a print failing, and reprint
succeeding, because of how BPCS copies info to secondary files for shipment
history, factory orders, etc. The new fles are consistent, with what got
built up when they were copied. It is the original files which may have
some gaps from improper deletions.

Another possibility is a flaw in the CUM. Sometimes BPCS fixes software
problems, then years later forgets those fixes, and delivers software
missing them. Thru painstaking work, we track down what's missing, do
testing with the old last replaced version, then put the prior version of
the offending program(s) in a library in *LIBL in front of the latest
patches, run it that way a few days to confirm problem fixed, then file a
report with BPCS vendor about the situation, so that they can get this
repaired before the next CUM.

Alister Wm Macintyre (Al Mac)
Yes Feb-8 birthday takes me to age 73.
End 2015 I weighed 325 lbs. Start 2017 I weigh 275 lbs. That's down 50
lbs.
Panama Papers group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8508998