Rob,

QLMTDEVSSN is set to 0, do not limit.
QAUTOCFG is set to 1, ON, but they plan to turn that off to
better/manually manage devices soon.

Couple things...
Thing 1 - even though they bought-the-source-code, they have some sort of
limit as to
how many bpcs users can be on at the same time, which. . . seems well, at
least weird.
I think the limit is 250, and was decided i think in the past when they
upgraded to a different/newer box.

Thing 2 - a bunch of this software uses data areas, assigned for this
process or that, that
are comprised of a prefix (usually 2 character), followed by the first 8
characters of the wsid.
This has given us issues in the past with autocfg'd devices as the data
area names need to be unique.

I too feel that Sys Req Attn is antiquated and should be deprecated, at
least then we could be 'more' sure of unique device ids.

Thing 3 - 'Where' things get directed to print around here are driven by
wsid, NOT user id,
(i know, wouldn't be my first choice),

Anyway in light of the 250 user bpcs limit -and- printer routings based on
wsid devices i understand devices need to be controlled.

I just don't like Sys Req Attn!!!!!

John

ps.
I'm not the admin here, just a programmer.

Multiple http, file transfer,shared folder... i have no idea but afaik
most of any http
stuff here is only BCD Websmart stuff which i have nothing to do with.

<snip>
Is this a shop which follows some weird auditor requirement that system
value QLMTDEVSSN be turned on? Therefore inhibiting them from using
multiple sessions the "right" way and requiring the Sys-Req-"1. Display
sign on for secondary job" option? I would fight that and maybe your
issue would go away.

IMNSHO QLMTDEVSSN should have been deprecated after the first multiple
session twinax terminal came out. Are there system values which limit
someone from multiple http sessions? Multiple File Transfer sessions?
Having more than one shared folder open?

Rob Berendt