Thank you all for your suggestions. I am on 6.0.04 by the way. I will have my folks look into your suggestions.I appreciate the help.Patty Schatz
      From: Alister Wm Macintyre (Wow) <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: 'BPCS ERP System' <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 1:25 PM
 Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Bom Setup with intercompany process

If you can find the on-line BPCS documentation, BPCS supposedly supports
PROCESS as well as discrete items, but I don't know if you can do both at
the same time in the same BPCS environment, which means you may need custom
programs to transfer data between them (the discrete items environment and
the process one).
In 405 CD, BPCS documentation was located in a file called BPCSDOC, where
each member was documentation for a different module of BPCS.  Start with
SSARUN*.  I accessed via PDM.  BPCS front door needed a person to have SSA
or SYS security, to have access to the DOC menu.

Warehouse in another facility via DRP also requires a part #.  Requirements
entered in one facility trigger orders to satisfy them in the other one,
with transactions across facility.

My former day job used phantom components to identify engineering changes,
so that an item's history showed up on all BOM inquiry & reports.  We were
not able to block this from showing up on shop orders, although the
requirements were quantity zero.

We also had a special work center to handle outside operations, with less
hassle than using the one which came with BPCS.

Our customer service dept did not like BPCS special charges facility, so
they used dummy item classes in both invoicing and credit memos, triggering
bogus inventory in need of adjustments.

Our engineers had a set of bogus parts in routing templates, which were
re-used infinite times, without creating any bogus inventory.

Alister Wm Macintyre (Al Mac)