We are on 405 CD. We don't use the cycle count system which came with BPCS,
instead we use REASON CODES which can be assigned to inventory transactions,
then we can list inventory history which has particular reasons. We also
have adjusted inventory effects (ITE file) so particular transactions get
their own GL Journal codes, then we adjusted GL Journal rules, so some
transactions go there in detail.

You should get into PDM-SEU specify file BPCSDOC, library *LIBL and see if
you have the following resource on your system:
SSALOG00 = The programmer's logic manual for BPCS
SSARUN* = User Manuals by application, one of which is for Inventory
Management . find that one, then 5-view contents, on top line key the word
"cycle" (upper lower case does not matter) then F16 again and again to
locate next place that word is found, then at each hit, scroll around to see
if the associated text is helpful.

BPCSDOC content should be associated with the particular version of BPCS.
In our case, we have one-step, two-step, and process-control cycle counting
supported. It uses the ICY cycle count history file.
Two step is done with a special pre-defined inventory transaction code.
INV015 purges cycle count file.
INV276/277/278 prints cycle count variance by item/whs/cost, using the data
in ICY file, assuming you have not cleared or purged that file's contents.
INV310 prints cycle count work sheets, and can be used to select items for
cycle counting.
INV515 posts cycle counts.
INV520 print selected (open) cycle counts.
INV810 clears cycle counts.
Menu SSAI03 is just for Cycle Counting options. Get to that menu, then F1
then scroll, to see a summary of what each menu option does.
I got this from our SSARUN03 on 405CD . yours may be a bit different.

Al Mac (WOW) = Alister William Macintyre
via WOW WAY.com ISP
day job = www.kewire.com Lawrenceville Il (near Vincennes In) via VPN/400
(our division dates back to 1955)